Sunday 8 November 2015

Inspiration: Jamey Christoph

I love how Jamey uses colour! His illustrations are very atmospheric because of it. I think using a set colour palette might be a good idea for me to save more time - as this will stop me from taking too much time picking colours for different things in one illustration.


For example, like Jamey's illustration above, I could use colours that connote peace and serenity; happy colours for the illustrations/events that happened before the shooting in Malala's story. And colours that connote violence and brutality; angry colours for when the shooting takes place and then back to more peaceful colours for when all is okay again. Using simplified graphic shapes/language like in some of Jamey's illustrations could also help me reduce production time?.. I'll have to try it out.


Follow Aghnia Mardiyah's board Jamey Christoph on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment